Saturday, September 20, 2008

Say hello to 30: Girls Night on the Town

My friend Allison gave us all a reason to celebrate this weekend. She just turned the big 3-0 and decided what she wanted for her birthday was a night out on the town with her best girls. Ten of us dressed up "fancy" and piled in cars.
We went to Roger Rocka's Dinner Theater in the Tower District to see The Producers. The dinner was fabulous - I had a Baked Sea Bass with Coconut-infused rice that was to die for! (Not to mention the strawberry-rhubarb crisp - my fave dessert!) The "girl" conversation around the table was even better than the food.
We got to embarrass Allison at the table when they made a big announcement over the loud speaker that it was her birthday. The Producers was a wildly funny, sometimes raunchy, romantic musical?! I'll be singing that "Make it Gay" song for the next week or so. (Yeah, you let your imagination go there.) The evening was sweet: How often do I get to dress up and go out with no curfew and no toddler?!

1 comment:

The VM Family said...

Lookin' good, ladies! Dorina, look at you and your little bump!

I also had my girls-only birthday lunch this week. This seasonal event is pretty high on the "A Few of My Favorite Things" list.