Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Reflections from Ericlee: Moving forward after the hospital




This last week has been rough - physically and emotionally and spiritually. We have cried and poured our hearts to our Lord and Savior.

On Monday, part of the tumor started to balloon out like a volcano.  By Wednesday it was black and looking angry.  Wednesday night I woke up to go to the bathroom. When I stood up in the bathroom, blood was squirting out from the the volcano that was on my hip. Dorina and my mom were able to help me bandage it up and control the bleeding, although it continued through the night. My local doctor is on vacation this week. Through a miracle, my mom was able to get me into another doctor in the same medical group. The doctor saw me at 2 p.m. Thursday and took me into emergency surgery at 5 p.m. to stop the bleeding. Apparently, a hematoma blood clot had occurred, which caused the bleeding. The surgeon was able to open that up and stop the bleeding. I had to stay in the hospital until Monday morning when my blood count was up again.

While in the hospital, words of death were spoken over me by the surgeon and oncologist. The cancer appears to have moved to different parts of my body. Surgery is too complicated to remove it. The doctors continue to prescribe these only recently-approved drugs which have many known and unknown debilitating side effects.

The difficult question was asked of me, "At what time will you stop the nutrition and go to drugs?" That time will not come. Because you see for me to switch over now would say to my God, "I do not trust the way you have led me."



We had many friends, family and even a nurse speak life into us while we were in the hospital. This is what I still believe and trust. God created an amazing body that has more than a trillion cells in it which are constantly regrowing, rebuilding, and replacing one another. This is what Dr. Max Gerson, George Malkmus (Hallelujah Acres), and many others have figured out. My plan is to continue the Gerson Therapy with this in mind. I believe that the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. When I asked Jesus into my heart, it was more than just an assurance to heaven, He actually lives in me through the Holy Spirit.

I was reminded today in my "Streams in the Desert" devotions that there are three levels of faith. The first is being able to believe only when we see some sign or have some strong emotion (Gideon). The second is being able to believe without relying on a sign or a strong emotion. Finally, the third level, believes God and his Word when circumstances, emotions, appearances, people, and human reason all point the other way. My wife and I are at the crossroads today believing for a miracle.


No comments: