Friday, September 12, 2008

MOPS Mamas make totes


I decided this year to join the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group at our church. I sort of rebelled last year because it was on a week night and I didn't have the extra cash to spend. This year, I'm feeling like a toddler and a new pregnancy are a good reason to schedule at least two nights out just for mama. Every other Thursday we meet to share dinner, do crafts, listen to speakers share about mothering and other topics. This Thursday, we made these trendy cool tote bags with our initials in rhinestones. I tried to make mine DKLG instead of DKNY. (So nerdy!) The best part was spending time with my friend, Mary (left), and meeting out new mentor Mama, Bonnie Broussard (middle). I also enjoyed hearing the diverse stories of the other mentor mamas. All have grown children and shared about working, staying home with kids, balancing parenting with your spouse, planning menus and more.

1 comment:

The VM Family said...

What a chic MOPS craft!

DKNY? And you called me a dork! :)