Friday, September 07, 2007

A Trip to the Li-BEAR-y (or Library!)



The highlight of our Thursday was a trip to the local library for Infant Toddler Lap-Sit. I read about this program on my last trip to the library and thought I'd try it out now that I am a bonafied stay-at-home Mama. Surprisingly, the place was packed with 30-some kids and their moms plus one papa (Meilani's grandpa Doug). The theme of the day was bears and we learned a wealth of new kid songs about bears and listened to three bear books. Meilani is already a big fan of bears and her new favorite pastime is walking around the house with her arms filled with as many stuffed bears as she can find. My mom even dug out one of my Care Bears from days of old. (See the pink Friendship Bear?) Apparently, those things are back in style again. For all you mamas out there, if you're looking for a great way to get your toddler out of the house, check out your local library - the events are FREE!

1 comment:

The VM Family said...

Look at all your new words Meilani!

Glad to hear of your free adventures at the library (and LOVE that your Papa went with you!)

I got a Carebear for my birthday from someone who got a kick out of them being back in style. Isn't it weird how our moms used to play with OUR toys?

Love, Ella