Sunday, July 04, 2010

30-Day Trek: I've Seen the Pygmies Dance...

"It's been said God calls us to that place where our deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet."


By Ericlee
Has life ever surprised you? It surprised me in December 2008 when I was laid off from a teaching job I loved. What surprised me was how God met all of our needs in the most creative ways from people we least expected. Today I can honestly say I am happy I was laid off. Sure, I had to do some things like substitute teach that were not fun. But along the way I learned to really appreciate time with my family. This break also allowed me to seek out what God really wants for my life.

This question got us all thinking: What experiences give me my deepest joy?

Ericlee:
-Spending quality time with my family
-Coaching teens
-Coaching teams
-Teaching physical education
-Exercising/playing with my wife
-The synergy that comes in serving together
-Encouraging others on the journey to be healthy

Dorina:
-Reading books to my children
-Deep conversations with my husband and treasured friends
-Cooking/creating recipes for family & friends
-Writing
-Listening to my girls pray
-Making/creating with my hands (knitting/croching/other crafts)
-Sunsets over the ocean
-Singing my girls to sleep
-Opportunities to serve the least of these

Meilani:
-Playing with my friends
-Cuzzling with my mama and Daddy
-Art projects with mama
-Playing dress-up with my friends
-Singing
-Workouts and prayer walks with my Daddy

What are some of the things that bring you the deepest joy?

No comments: