Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Daddy's First Day on the job



Dorina's first class was 6-9 p.m. Tuesday. We had a scrumptious meal of homemade grilled burgers. We sent Mama off to school and I took Meilani in the jogging stroller to the playground. She experienced her first time going down the slide on her own. I was surprised by my daughter's no-fear attitude. She wanted to go down over and over again.

After the park, I walked around the grounds. We live with Jan and Pat Wright (friends through Fresno Christian H.S.), who run a summer camp facility for their church denomination. There are two playgrounds, a pool, dorms, playing fields for sports, etc. It's a great place to go walking.

There are woods above the campgrounds. Today Meilani saw her first deer and fawn as they were walking up to the woods. The baby was drinking from its mother. Meilani went crazy. She sat up in her jogging stroller, pointed eagerly and squealed with delight. She squealed so loud they ran away.

After our walk, we came inside. I gave Meilani a bath, put on her PJs and we played until Mama got home. It was a great time and I got a window into Dorina's world. I'm glad I was on my own for only three hours!!

No comments: